Catherine Anne Bundt is an active performer, teacher, RCM examiner and music festival adjudicator who strongly believes in the value of music in young students' lives and sees teaching music as giving students 'a gift for life'.
Her piano studio in Surrey BC, primarily has a focus on intermediate and advanced level piano and draws students from Surrey, Langley, Delta, White Rock and Burnaby.
Catherine Anne Bundt is a graduate of the UBC Piano Performance program where she studied with Jane Coop. She was a full scholarship student at the Banff International Centre for the Performing Arts where she studied with Marek Jablonski and later completed two years of further studies with Lee Kum-Sing, again at UBC.
She has been a BC Registered Music Teacher for the past 30 years and served several terms on the South Fraser branch executive council and festival committees. In an attempt to make music accessible and affordable to her local community, Catherine has also hosted more than 35 “house concerts” in her home studio, featuring performing artists from universities and music schools.
Catherine is BC Registered Music Teacher and an RCM certified advanced piano and advanced theory specialist. She is an active member of the
Royal Conservatory of Music, College of Examiners and has examined music students across Canada and the USA.
Catherine is also a member of the Canadian Music Festival Adjudicators’ Association and has adjudicated festivals throughout the province including the Victoria Performing Arts, Vancouver BCRMTA, Kelowna, Kamloops, Prince George, North Fraser, Powell River, Abbotsford, Vernon, Nanaimo, Cariboo (Williams Lake), Cowichan (Duncan), Kootenay (Nelson/Trail), Courtenay, Campbell River, BC Conservatory of Music, Langley (LCMS), Surrey (Carillon), Shuswap (Salmon Arm) and Pacific Northwest Festival (Terrace, BC).
Studio students pictured at:
1. Royal Conservatory of Music Convocation (R. Chan receiving her ARCT Diploma in Piano Performance)
2. Performing in Surrey "Concerto Stars" with Lions
Gate Sinfonia Orchestra (Megan L.)
3. A year-end studio recital.
4. Studio students Elizabeth and Veronica N. performing a duet at the
Bell Centre in Surrey, BC.
1. Catherine performing at a concert sponsored by the South Fraser Branch of the BC Registered Music Teachers' Association (South Surrey/ White Rock, BC).
2. Year end studio recital held at Kwantlen University. Sean Y. and Allie H. rehearse Rachmaninov Suite No. 1 in G minor for two pianos.
3."Rush Hour" from the Daytime Suite for two pianos by Simon Peberdy. South Fraser Music Festival scholarship winners Sean Y. and Eric C.